1 lb beef brisket, 1 bunch green onions or 3 leeks, 1 inch bias cut, 1/2 lb bean sprouts, 1 bunch cooked transparent noodles, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, 3 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste, 3 tablespoons Korean chili powder, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. 1 Place beef bones and brisket in a large pot with enough water (to completely cover the bones) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, skim off the foam, and simmer for 3 hours. Keep replenishing the pot with more water as it evaporates.
2. Remove from heat and let it cool. When it is cool enough, remove the bones and beef.
3. Shred the meat into 2 inch strips.
4. In a bowl, mix together garlic, hot pepper paste, chili powder, salt, black pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sesame seeds into a paste.
5. Combine shredded beef with the paste mixture and let it marinate overnight.
6. Place the beef broth in the refrigerated for 1 day.
7. Take the broth out and skim off the fat until the broth is clear.
8. Bring the broth back to a boil. You will cook the broth for at least another half hour as you add the following:.
9. Cut the drained fernbrake into 2 inch pieces and add to the beef broth.
10. In a separate pot, boil 6 cups of water. Add in 1 bundle of Dahng Myun (transparent noodles). Drain and add to the soup.
11. Add the refrigerated beef mixture (from step 5) into the broth.
12. Add the bean sprouts into the broth.
13. Add the green onions, or leek into the broth. And serve with rice.